Biostatistician/ Bioinformatic programmer
The successful candidate will join a team of translational researchers and be involved in the role of supporting the research performed at STIIC. The work involves the analysis, integration and visualization of a wide range of high and medium throughput data sets, including but not limited to cytometry, various next generation sequencing platforms and microarray.
The candidate will be expected to have a high level of proficiency in the application of bioinformatics analyses to real world data, and initiative with regard to staying updated on the latest developments in novel methods of analyzing/ visualizing biological data and applying those methods to the work.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer/ Mathematical modelling or related field.
- Experience (> 4-5 yrs) in one or more of immunology, NGS analysis, microarray analysis, database management, R coding, machine learning or statistics
- Integration of diverse Bioinformatics tools, composing, operating and managing analysis pipelines.
- Application of statistical, visualization and data mining tools
- Additional responsibilities may include providing basic support for Mac server based environment of the Centre
- Demonstrated accuracy, flexibility and integrity at work
- Ability to share information clearly and consistently with colleagues
- Good team player and independent researcher, self-driven with good interpersonal skills
- Strong command of English both written and spoken