Bioinformatics Summer School 2014
The Second Bioinformatics Summer School was held in St. Petersburg, Russia from July 27 to August 1, 2014.
The Summer School 2014 took place at a country hotel "Rayvola" near St. Petersburg. It gathered 100 participants: students, graduates and young specialists with Biology and Computer Science background interested in bioinformatics. They had an opportunity to attend lectures and workshops on various aspects of bioinformatics given by leading scientists from Russia and abroad.
All lectures were video recorded and will be added to our youtube channel (in Russian). For more details, including program, lecture slides, information about speakers and etc., please see the School's main page (in Russian).
Organizers sincerely thank all the participants, speakers and partners for their time, active participation and valuable feedback!
About the Summer School
Bioinformatics Summer School is an annual event for students studying bioinformatics, as well as for undergraduate students, postgraduates and young scientists of mathematical, technical and biological majors who are interested in this field as a further research direction.
Dates and place
July 27 - August 1, 2014, country hotel "Rayvola" near St. Petersburg (stl. Roshino).
The classes were held in the form of lectures, intensive courses and seminars. Topics included NGS and RNA-seq data analysis, systems biology, assembly and analysis of genome and transcriptome, metagenomics, comparative genomics, molecular evolution and phylogeny, epigenetics, programming, bioinformatics algorithms, databases and much more. During the school there were also organised: teamwork on real research tasks under the supervision of bioinformatics researchers; discussions with invited experts; lectures on business in bioinformatics and biotechnology; workshops on presentation skills and academic writing as well as other interesting activities.
- Bioinformatics for mathematicians and computer scientists
- Bioinformatics for biologists
- One-day conference and poster session
- Research projects for experienced participants
The working language -- Russian.
- Ilya Serebriiskii, Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- Alexey Kondrashov, MSU, University of Michigan.
- Andrey Mironov, MSU.
- Elena Grigorenko, Yale University.
- Konstantin Okonechnikov, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology.
- Maria Samsonova, St Petersburg State Polytechnical University.
- Pavel Dobrynin, Theodosius Dobzhansky Center for Genome Bioinformatics (SPbSU).
- Alla Lapidus, St Petersburg State University, St Petersburg Academic University.
- Philipp Khaitovich, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology.
- Maria Shutova, Vavilov Institute of General Genetics in the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Pavel Fedotov, Genome Assembly Algorithms Laboratory at University ITMO.
- Sergey Kolesnikov, Russian Venture Company.
- Anton Korobeynikov, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg Academic University.
- Andrey Afanasiev, iBinom.
- Artem Kasianov, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Ilya Minkin, Pennsylvania State University.
- Alexander Tiskin, University of Warwick.
and many others.
All School's materials and detailed information is available at the School's official webpage (in Russian only). If you have any questions -- please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.